Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Victim of own integrity?

My embrace of integrity, to my surprise, encounters many sour experiences. I did not realize how MANY bad/tricky/lazy/incompetent/thick-skinned/arrogant/greedy/shameless etc. people there are in this world. These blood suckers would just sit around and try to suck blood out of others.

I mean, just because I do my work fast and efficiently, it does not mean that I deserve to be given more and more and more works, does it? If I am given more work, I should be given credit or be compensated in a way, shan't I? My different style of working shouldn't give others any rights to judge me. I work fast. I produce good quality work in a shorter period of time. But I can't sit and work continuously for hours and hours without breaks. I would work efficiently for an hour or so and rest for as long as I feel I need a rest and for as long as I feel I can't work efficiently. I know myself and I know my responsibilities. I'm not someone who sit and pretend to work hard with a frowning face in front of the PC, taking so much time, but in the end, produce crappy papers. Just because I sit and not work it doesn't give anyone, especially those who don't do much work, any right to think that I am free and give me more works, especially works that are not mine. Just because I take sick leaves and many days off it doesn't mean that I have ever ever not met the deadlines, like those "hard-working" people do. And yes, I've been feeling weak and sick often, which might make (had already made) some suspect me of pretending. Well I don't have much to say about this since it's not a good thing from and for me to be sick, but hey, suspect all you want. As long as I carry out my work well and on-time, I don't give shit. No one is perfect and some day some people fall sick. And no one can avoid or escape it, so I don't have to say anything about it.

With all due respect, given how I've been "compensated" for good performance and given how I've been treated, I no longer feel I have to save anyone any faces anymore. I can fight for my space when I need to. I can say things I have to say when I need to. I can treat people in however way they deserve to be treated and in however way they have treated me when I need to. After all and in the end, they don't matter to me anyways. It is my work that matters. It is the quality of my products and my integrity that's important. If you do not wish to keep yours, then why should I?

Oh and by the way, I've never been the person who treats others badly first. Everyone comes under good treatment from me until again and again, repeatedly in multiple times, they prove otherwise. So, the moment someone gets a cold face from me, it does not mean it's in a spur of time and in the very nick of time. It literally means you've reached the phase and extent in which I am convinced that you won't change your crappy nature. You've successfully reached the red button, now and forever. Cheers.

No comments: